- You can make a gift to the Connecticut Community Foundation: you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate and other assets
- The Foundation sets up a special fund in your name or in the name of the United Way of Naugatuck & Beacon Falls: it’s your choice
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made
- Grants are made directly from your fund to the United Way of Naugatuck & Beacon Falls
- The Foundation handles all administrative details
- You receive updates from the Foundation on the growth of your fund
All gifts to the endowment – whether through the Salem Legacy Fund or your own designated fund – will be invested, and only a portion of the income will be spent, ensuring the gift will grow in perpetuity. The income e will be invested in our community, assuring that it will always help where it is needed the most.